How to enter Haute École de Joaillerie as a work-study student The purpose of the hands-on tests is to determine whether the applicant has the necessary skills to execute the tasks in the jewellery professions: precision, quality of execution, but also concentration, logic and speed.
The purpose of the tests is not to judge the technical knowledge they have gained, but to assess an aptitude. Applicants are ranked according to the overall average obtained on the aptitude test.
The recruitment test includes the following components:
- drawing from sight (in pencil from a composition of objects) – (Coef. 2).
- Logic and precision tests, Geometric outlining – (Coef. 1).
- Modelling (in plastiline, based on a volumetric drawing scale 1) – (Coef.3).
- Wire work (with pliers, depending on the model) – (Coef. 5).
- Metal cutting (tracing and sawing exercise) – (Coef. 7).
The purpose of the hands-on tests is not to judge technical knowledge gained, but to assess an aptitude.
Applicants for the aptitude test can prepare by taking part in the preparatory session.