Preparing for the competitive examination
Whether they are aiming for a Bachelor’s degree in Jewellery Design or a Higher Jeweller’s Certificate, the intensive course prepares students for the hands-on tests of the entrance examination to Haute École de Joaillerie.
Applicants are introduced to a jeweller’s working environment in the School’s workshops and learn about the key techniques in graphic representation and jewellery-making. This course is intended for applicants planning to take the entrance examination to Haute École de Joaillerie. There are no pre-requisites.
32 hours of training over 4 days during the Easter school holidays of the Paris-Versailles School District.
2021 training session dates
From 16-20 April 2018
Drawing and colouring: 1 DAY – 7 hours
- Use of tools: rule, compass, mechanical pencil
- Drawing construction rules
- Angles, right angles, circle division
Drawing by sight
- Transferring and proportions
- Composition rules
- Perspective outlining
- Using tools: brushes, gouache
- Graphic creation methods
- Flat tints
- Simple volumes
- Chromatic circle
Technical volume: 1.5 DAYS – 10:30 AM
- Use of tools: spatula, cutter
- Reading and understanding a volumetric drawing
- Understanding volume construction techniques