Le Certificat d’Aptitude Professionnelle (CAP) Art et Techniques de la Bijouterie-Joaillerie est un diplôme national de niveau V. Il comporte 3 options : bijouterie, sertissage et polissage.Ces formations diplômantes permettent d’acquérir la maîtrise des différentes techniques de fabrication, de sertissage ou de polissage d’un bijou.
The Jewellery Arts and Techniques CAP – Setting Option opens the doors to the setter profession.
The setter mounts the precious stones on the jewellery/pieces provided by the jeweller. This work requires a great deal of patience, concentration and dexterity.
Training is open to anyone with good manual dexterity and good perception of volumes.
Optional subjects for non-Baccalaureate holders
- French, History and Geography
- Mathematics and Science
- Living Foreign Language: English
* Price of the trainings may vary according to the speakers.
- Professional setting technology
- Use of the setting and welding tools
- Gem fitting
- Being familiar with and knowing how to perform the various setting techniques used in jewellery: grain setting, claw setting, closed setting, calibrated setting
- Translating and interpreting volumes
- Poducing jewellery volumes out of plasticine
- Producing volumes and models out of was intended for melting
- Gouache representation of materials used in jewellery
- Rendering of volumes and stones
- Using instruments
- Basic outlines and constructions
- Perspective, enhancement, projection, elevation, cutting
- The Great Civilizations from Antiquity to the Modern Day
Introduction to the jewellery production chain
Share this training