Le Certificat d’Aptitude Professionnelle (CAP) Art et Techniques de la Bijouterie-Joaillerie est un diplôme national de niveau V. Il comporte 3 options : bijouterie, sertissage et polissage.Ces formations diplômantes permettent d’acquérir la maîtrise des différentes techniques de fabrication, de sertissage ou de polissage d’un bijou.
The Jewellery Crafts and Techniques CAP – Polishing Option gives access to the profession of polisher. The polisher is responsible for bringing the last touch to the objects, restoring their shine to precious metals. This profession requires being skilful with one’s hands, meticulousness and minute attention to detail.
Training is open to anyone with good manual dexterity and good perception of volumes.
For non-Baccalaureate holders
- French, History and Geography
- Mathematics and Science
- Living Foreign Language: English
* Price of the trainings may vary according to the speakers.
- Study of metal surfaces
- Preparation of individual pieces
- Mastery of polishing tools and techniques
- Understanding and knowing how to polish complete parts: threading, polishing lathe, manual lathe
- Translating and interpreting volumes
- Producing jewellery volumes out of plasticine
- Producing volumes and models out of was intended for melting
- Gouache representation of materials used in jewellery
- Rendering of volumes and stones
- Using instruments
- Basic outlines and constructions
- Perspective, enhancement, projection, elevation, cutting
- The Great Civilizations from Antiquity to the Modern Day
Introduction to the jewellery production chain
Share this training