The Certificate of Professional Aptitude (CAP) Art and Techniques of Jewellery is a national level V diploma.
It has 3 options: jewellery, setting and polishing. These diploma courses allow you to master the various techniques of manufacturing, setting or polishing a jewel.
The Jewellery Crafts and Techniques CAP – Polishing Option gives access to the profession of polisher. The polisher is responsible for bringing the last touch to the objects, restoring their shine to precious metals. This profession requires being skilful with one’s hands, meticulousness and minute attention to detail.
Training is open to anyone with good manual dexterity and good perception of volumes.
OPTIONAL SUBJECTS FOR NON- BACCALAUREATE HOLDERS Additional training mandatory for CAP tests
French, History and Geography Mathematics and Science
Living Foreign Language: English
contacts/ 01 40 26 98 00
58, rue du Louvre, 75002 Paris
- Study of metal surfaces
- Preparation of individual pieces
- Mastery of polishing tools and techniques
- Understanding and knowing how to polish complete parts: threading, polishing lathe, manual lathe
- Translating and interpreting volumes
- Producing jewellery volumes out of plasticine
- Producing volumes and models out of was intended for melting
- Gouache representation of materials used in jewellery
- Rendering of volumes and stones
- Using instruments
- Basic outlines and constructions
- Perspective, enhancement, projection, elevation, cutting
- The Great Civilizations from Antiquity to the Modern Day
Share this training